Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Pancake Day

Yes, Pancake Day yesterday. Nothing ever simple in our house though as we had to be at Youngest Son's school for an hour from 6.00 until 7.00pm about the SATs coming up. We have already gone through this with our Eldest but things change so Husband and I were there. It has changed a little but still quite daunting for the children.
Of course the Teachers could not resist giving us one of the mental maths test sheets to do! I got them right but it was awful. Took me back all those years to when we were doing tests! I am glad I don't have to do it anymore!
Anyway got back at 7.30pm to make pancakes. Made the mixture and started the treadmill. 12 pancakes later I had finished and managed to sit down and eat mine with orange juice and a small amount of sugar. I did manage, however, to burn my finger on the extremely hot pan, ouch! It is now blistered so I don't think I will be doing any sewing today. In fact it even hurts to type.
Treacle enjoyed her pancake (she always gets the test one!).
Happy sewing.
Susie x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the comment, Susie! And thanks for the research about the sewing machines at AllSaints Spitalfields. =-)
    Now i'll go explore your blog a bit.
    =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy glad I could help. Hope you really enjoyed your trip to the UK. We love holidaying in the US, can't go this year because our Eldest is taking exams may be next year. Off to the Highlands of Scotland in April for Easter so can't wait for the break although both Boys will be revising! Although it will give me time to do some quilting without the phone ringing. Susie x

    ReplyDelete